LOW -COMPLECITY HOME CARE USUALLY EXTENDS FOR A DIFINITE PERIOD
This program includes administration of injectable medication (such as antibiotics and anticoagulants) or treatment procedures (such as dressings, probing, and caregiver training).
Other low-complexity home care services are indicated for patients undergoing rehabilitation and being treated by one or more professionals, such as physical therapist, speech therapist, and nutritionist, among others.
All age groups are eligible for high-complexity home care, from neonates to older adults. This program is indicated for patients requiring monitoring by a health care professional for a definite period.
• Patients with chronic evolutive diseases;
• Bedridden patients requiring monitoring;
• Primary and tertiary prevention;
• Health education.
• This program prevents health complications;
• Frequent clinical decompensation and urgent care revisits are avoided;
• Quality of life is improved, especially for chronic patients;
• Self-care and health education are encouraged.